Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Book Covers

You know, I was browsing through my bookshelves last night and something struck me - I only have a few books with a couple on the cover. Funny, I not only write romances, I read them too, and that genre is known for its clinch and couple covers. How have I managed to escape them?



It seems I tend to pick up books with neutral covers - no people at all, just maybe a ribbon or a rose or a piece of lace or something like that. A ship or a castle in the distance. If there is someone on the cover, it's most likely a woman and her face is turned away or she's got her back to the reader - like in Kushiel's Chosen, for instance. If it's a man, and this is less likely, he's staring off into the distance.



I don't know what this says about me - maybe that I like some mystery about the book or that I don't like the characters presented to me because I want to imagine them for myself. Hmm, now I think about it, I guess those are my reasons.



What about you? What are your views on couple covers?

No comments: